A Green Tea Latte needs no introduction. This drink has been quite popular over the past few years with its complex flavor - slightly bitter and chock full of healthy antioxidants that help prevent cancer. One of my resolutions is to keep a healthy lifestyle this year. I think this green tea latte will help!


Ingredients:
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 tsp of sugar and
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 2 tsp of green tea powder
- 1 tbsp of hot water.

Preparation:

I'm starting by heating up 1 cup of soy milk with 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I love using soy milk because its natural flavors pair really well with the matcha green tea powder, but you can use regular milk too. I'll heat it up on the stove just until the milk starts to steam. In the meantime, I'll prep my green tea.

I bought my powder at the local Japanese market, but you can find this at Teavana at the mall too.I'm using 2 tsp of green tea powder but you can use less if the green tea flavor is too intense for you. I'm just going to add the powder to my mug and mix it with 1 tbsp of hot water. This will help to dissolve the powder and prevent it from clumping up later when I add my milk.

Now, I'll add in my steamed milk to the mug, let it combine and enjoy! Cheers to our health this year! I'd love to know what you're going to improve on. Let me know by commenting below and I'll catch you on the next Coffee Break! Bye

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post